23 September 2009

Arashi and All the BEST!

Arashi's "All the BEST! 1999-2009" has just captured the crown for the highest sales of any album in 2009. The collection has now sold 1.240 million copies, barely passing Mr.Children's "SUPERMARKET FANTASY."

"All the BEST!" sold 753,000 copies in the first week after its release on August 19, setting this year's record for first-week sales. Now, in its fifth week, it sold 40,000 more copies to push it past the 1.239 million total of Mr.Children's album. That one, however, has been on sale for 41 weeks, starting in December 2008.


Arashi already holds this year's current highest selling single ("Believe / Kumori Nochi, Kaisei" with 655,000 copies) and music DVD ("ARASHI AROUND ASIA 2008 in Tokyo" with 401,000 copies).

- Tokyograph



Woah that's... amazing. Arashi really solds so well that it's nearly unfair to other groups (I'm bad person 'cause I often think that "If Arashi wouldn't sell that well HSJ would release singles often"). But they really deserve it 'cause they are so fucking awesome. I'm little suprised that Believe/Kumori Nochi, Kaisei sold just ~650 copies, and it's still the most sold single this year. Even I bought the single because it was so...amazing. One of my favorite songs in the whole world.



And oh I forget. I'm not sure, but I think that today it has passed 8 years since Yabu and Inoo came to Johnny's. That's amazing, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment