20 September 2009

Wish I had an angel

Yesterday evening I saw one of my favourite bands. I was at the gig with my dad just like 2 years ago when they started their tour. This was the last gig of the tour, and now they'll start making a new CD which will take maybe...2 years!

But althought I have ruined my brains and ears by JE and pop music, I'm still Finnish and Finnish people just often like heavy metal. I don't make a difference. I've been listening this band, Nightwish, since I was 10. My dad borrowed me a CD and then I fell in love with the music. Some weeks ago there was a TV program where people were talking about this Finnish metal culture. In other countries it wouldn't be like that families, moms, dads, little girls and boys and even granparents would go to a heavy metal consert (there was fan stuff like small tank tops for little children aged ~5).  But here it is normal. The first row was grounded with crying teen girls, just like at any Johnny's conserts.



A little clip I recorded (the song is "The Islander"). It wasn't allowed to have cameras (I had to hide my camera 'cause I didn't want to leave it anywhere) but everyone has a camera in their cellphones, so of course everyone took pictures. It was quite funny how the security check was stricter with childs than adults. Yeah, they took my disinfectant. They thought that I'll drink it.

But Nighwish is the most famous Finnish band, and I loved the international feeling there. There was a lot of people from other countries. And they got a little bit attention, of course:

...Here are people from Sweden, Italy, France, and few Japanese. So, ありがとう.

No comments:

Post a Comment